Now that Excellence in Journalism 2014 is officially a wrap, the EIJ News staff compiled these top 5 moments of the conference:
- SPJ Ethics Code Revisions Pass. After much discussion and revision, the new Code of Ethics was passed at the closing business session.
- SPJ Name Change Motion Failed: A highly publicized discussion and session could not steer the majority of those who participated in the straw poll to possibly changing the Society of Professional Journalists to the Society for Professional Journalism to vote in its favor.
- SPJ Took Over Wildhorse Saloon: CNN threw a party so epic for EIJ14 in Nashville that it got members square-dancing and cupid-shuffling.
- The Kara Swisher Takeover: EIJ14 would not have been the same without the energy and great enthusiasm of accomplished journalist, Kara Swisher.
- Michael Koretzky Speaks His Mind: EIJ14 had a lot of opinionated journalists, but none was more visibly outspoken than Region 3 Director Michael Koretzky. From passing out controversial T-shirts to advocating for the SPJ name change, Koretzky didn’t let you forget how much more SPJ members could do.
Tagged under: EIJ14, Nashville, eij news